Monday, February 24, 2014

The Engagement

Oops...forgot to publish this.

Josh and I were celebrating our 2 year anniversary a month early on August 11th when he PROPOSED!!!

This is us before it happened. I was happy and clueless:) He's sneaky! We went to the zoo, our for coffee, to a Thai restaurant, to a concert then our for late night snacks before he blinfolded me and took me to the parking lot where we first talked {all night}. After candle lit parking lot chats, some sparkling apple cider that we had to open on a jagged metal fence and a sweet song he wrote for me...he had me put the blindfold back on and when I took it off. BOOM. Knee. Ring. Question.  YES!!!!  The next day at the park we took a silly picture to announce it to facebook the world.

This was taken August 12th...the next morning after we ate celebratory crepes:) He picked the ring out from looking around on Etsy and ending up finding a local artisan in a cute St. Louis neighborhood that handmakes and designs rings. WHOA. Perfect. The ring is amazing and I stare at it a LOT.
{Please ignore my man hands}

Then we played a show with our band Wildeyed at Plush the DAY BEFORE Josh left for Thailand for FOUR months. 4. 1, 2, 3, 4 months. Our band has been such a beuatiful way to work together to create something and do what we love. Such a fun gig! We love these silly guys!

 So Josh was halfway around the world {exactly half. literally as far away from each other as we could possibly be. painful} It was a long four months but a great four months. He learned a LOT and got even more passionate about the environment, anthropology and helping people. It was a hard, lonely, scary, brilliant, faith-growing and lovely four months. He went with GoED which is just an AMAZING, Christian organization for study abroad. So perfect. Maybe some more on that later.

 But for now here is a picture from a photoshoot I did with David Ayres Photography to send pics to Josh when he was halfway around the world. It's amazing how improtant pictures became since we mostly saw each other as blurry, distorted, lagging images on Skype..."are you getting sick over there? You look really blurry and your nose is sometimes on you foreheard, darling..."
And Josh sent me this so I would know he was still a whole person with the same sweet puppy eyes and face parts in all the right places {even though his beard took over his face while not shaving it for the whole trip.} Actually though...I love the beard and I'm glad it's stuck around:)


 Another shot from David Ayres photography of Josh and I...just added it cause it's CUTE!
So while Josh was gone I had to do a lot of wedding planning...more on that craziness later. But since I was so out of balance with him gone I literally stopped planning until January! YAY! I took a dance class, read some books, hung out with all the people I know and wrote Josh letter after letter and cried and prayed. 
He came back on December 9th and we had a lovely Christmas as an engaged couple. Our friends threw us a surprise Engagement Party and we enjoyed family and friends and the season:)

What a lovely engagement it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment