Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Makeup Mishaps



 
We've all been there...running late, trying to get your act together in those last few moments by  touching up or applying some sultry black liquid liner to make your eyes really stand out. But in those rushed moments, you quickly go to put away your freshly blackened eyeliner brush and BOOM...hand meets brush and it's all sorts of everywhere. In a panic, you try to rub it off. It just smears like a tiny little oil slick of terror. Then you get a tissue or some water involved and rub harder. EVEN WORSE things start happening. It's thinning out and spreading but maintaining it's hue and greasiness and getting embedded even deeper into every line, pore and hair follicle on your hands. You look like you just got out of the coal mines. Not the "sultry, stand out" look you were going for.
You might be at home waiting for a special guest. You might be on your way to work. You might be about to meet a boy at a restaurant for your first date. What you need to know right now, is that Wet Wipes and regular old bathroom soap WILL NOT SAVE YOU. But this little lesson might. Trust me...today I came to know the greasy black fury of my Maybelline Gel Eyeliner in Blackest Black.

So today's class is a "How-To" on getting rid of black liquid eyeliner...specifically the paint pot, or gel liner species that come in those cute little tubs with the screw on lids that sometimes fail to stay screwed...as mine did today.

I tried my Hello Kitty hand cleansing wipes. Barely made a dent in the black goopy nightmare that had consumed my fingers and palms.

I tried a tissue. Pretty much just added some white paper residue to the mix.

I tried hand sanitizer. Started to diminish the black but there was so much embedded in my hand creases that my hands looked more like a coal sketch of themselves than the real deal.

I went into work and, determined to get rid of the black stains before facing the office, I headed to the kitchen. In a glorious moment of desperation, ingenuity and determination I had but one idea that had to work. And it TOTALLY DID!!!!!! I poured a handful of salt in my hands, went to the sink where we keep a bottle of degreasing dish soap, and I went to work. It took 8 seconds of salt & soap scrubbing to completely get rid of ANY evidence whatsoever of my makeup mishap. Done.

So, next time you find yourself hopelessly covered in black eyeliner: Palmolive or Dawn + table salt. Scrub, Scrub, Scrub. You're welcome.

Dawn Ultra Dish Soap - 24 oz.

No comments:

Post a Comment